Dreadlocks are a popular hairstyle that many dreadlock enthusiasts swear by. They provide an alternative to the more common styles of hair and can be worn in various ways. Dreadlock hair care is essential for dreads that have not been cared for properly over time, so it’s critical to know how dreadlocks should be washed, what kind of products they need, and how they should be styled.
How to care dreadlocks?
– dreadlocks will look dirty or matted if you don’t clean them regularly
– make sure only to use dreadlock shampoo when washing your hair; regular shampoos won’t help much with cleaning dreads at all since their ingredients are different
– avoid sulfates like sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and sodium Laureth sulfate (SLES) on dreads
– it’s also vital to avoid silicones or ingredients that end with -cone. These are hard for dreadlocks to process, so they stay tangled inside the dread more easily. It can be challenging to tell if your product has silicone in it by just reading its ingredient list; however, many of these chemicals have multiple names!
– use a wide-tooth comb or “dread rake” instead of regular combs when styling dreadlocks; you want something wider than usual, so dreads don’t get caught as easily
We hope this information has been helpful to you.